[pct-l] Food for the long haul

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 13:43:10 CST 2010

Wild Oats or Whole Foods has dried veggies in the bulk section.  The are
sold as a soup starter - I think.  They are great just added to your store
bought junk - like Mac and Cheese.  I did find they were a little strong on
the celery taste, but they worked great for me.  I kept a ziplock of these
with me and used them throughout the hike - mixed them in with just about
every kind of meal imaginable.  I shipped them to myself with my resupplies.

I think I will do more of just shipping myself things like Nido, Dried
Veggies, spices, etc. on future hikes rather than full meals.  If I have
enough interesting things to add I can usually find the staples like pasta
and rice on the way.

Day-Late