[pct-l] Beverages

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Thu Mar 4 22:03:08 CST 2010

You are all gonna think old Iceaxe has gone nutz..
I could never get enough Crystal Lite Pomegranite flavored drink. Even the nearly Vegan and organic minded Thru hiker Bernie was astonished at the irresistable deep red color a single tiny tube of the stuff would lend to a liter of water. (Though he would not drink it!)  It is like turning water into wine!
Of course I got strange looks from my calorie starved fellow thru's for drinking an essentially No-calorie brew. I can't explain why it tastes so good to me. Most of the springs on the PCT were delicious as is but every once in a while I just wanted the jolt of flavor this stuff provides. It also masked the taste of those "less than pure" water sources beautifully.
Of course I am also the guy that sent anchovie paste to himself and drank Ovaltime/Instant Coffee/Milk Powder... So YMMV!
Cheers-Iceaxe

Hikestrong 2010