[pct-l] Shaving on the trail

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Thu Mar 4 17:04:06 CST 2010

On Mar 4, 2010, at 5:51 PM, Dan Africk wrote:
> I'd appreciate any thoughts, especially from people who have
> thru-hiking experience. Thanks.

I don't like a long scruffy beard either but it sounds like you
are on the right track.  Here is what I did (AT & PCT):

a) shave with soap and a disposable razor as often as possible
   generally at every re-supply. (soap because it is a pain to
   purchase/carry shaving cream)
b) bounce box: all your standard shaving items to help when
   your beard gets longer

I don't have a heavy beard so (a) worked pretty well for me.

I've never had a professional shave, but that might work in
some of the larger towns, especially if your beard was really
out of hand.

Radar