[pct-l] Travel Insurance

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 21:44:13 CST 2010

Gotta tell this story from last year.  Only time I needed medical
assistance.

I was heading into Cascade Locks and was suffering from giardia - and I mean
suffering. Got into town in late afternoon and hit the motel, I was wiped
out.  Asked if they had a doctor in town and was told that a bus shows up
once a week - and as luck would have it today was the day.  They were
scheduled to leave town about 1/2 hour after I got there, so I immediately
dropped my pack and ran over to the grocery store, where the bus was
located, and knocked on the door.  They opened and asked what I wanted.  I
told them why I was there.  They looked at their watch and said I just made
it.  Got to see the doc, they gave me the prescription drugs, and when I
went to pay (I had insurance) said no charge.  Just blew me away!  Two days
later I was so much better.  I'll always have fond memories of how well I
was treated in Oregon - What a great place.

One time I was not - Day-Late.