[pct-l] G'day and some questions.

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Tue Mar 2 08:55:59 CST 2010

Good morning, Caroline,

Snake gaiters are useful when walking off-trail in brushy areas, but on
trails – with reasonable attention – they aren’t necessary.  Last year I
spent the better part of an afternoon sharing a patch of the very limited
shade in Mission Creek Canyon with what turned out to be a Speckled
Rattlesnake. http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=446530

<http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=446530>

It was sort of a laissez-faire arrangement wherein if we stayed about 5 feet
apart we both felt reasonably secure.  I glanced its way occasionally, and
it regularly flicked its tongue at me, but that was all that happened.

Enjoy your planning,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09