[pct-l] Hiking with Bunions

Jeremy Caves jeremy.caves at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 04:52:19 CST 2010

Hi y'all,

I have a friend who's hoping to join my friends and I, possibly for the
full 750 miles we plan on completing.  She has bunions on her feet, and
has found some boots she really likes that don't hurt her feet while
hiking.

My question to those out there is do any of you have experience hiking
with bunions.  As the person with the first aid experience on the trip,
I'm hoping to get some advice before my friend joins in case she has any
problems.  Are there any long-term difficulties with bunions on a
backpacking trip?  Are there any suggestions for what to do if one's
feet become abnormally sore?

Any advice you guys can offer would be great.

Thanks!
Jeremy Caves
jeremy.caves at gmail.com