[pct-l] Lost: one spring, please return to Seattle if found

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 13 15:28:28 CDT 2010

> You know how we had lower-than-average snowfall in the
> Northwest last
> winter?  Yeah, well, we just set a record today.
> Seattle *still* hasn't
> gone over 75 degrees this year, which is the latest on
> record.  Still lots
> of snow in the mountains.  Grrrr.

Here in NW Oregon, we just caught up with the water-year average a couple of weeks ago.  With our first 8-degree weather this weekend, I think we've finally found our own spring.  My aunt in Anderson (right next to Redding, CA) reported lots of late rain and less-warm-than-usual temps recently.  I expect it to be a good year for an early July hike on the Hat Creek Rim, which I'll be doing right after July 4th weekend.  BTW, if anyone's expecting to be in the area that week and might like to accompany me, let me know.  My cousins are interested in joining me, but I don't know if they've been successful in securing time off from work and my wife really doesn't like me hiking along (although so far, she's relented and let me do so anyway).

-Nate the Trail Zombie
Newberg, OR