[pct-l] Snow report

Aaron Wallace aaron at skeeky.com
Mon Jun 7 23:08:33 CDT 2010

Just got back from Tuolumne Meadows this weekend.  Yes, the road is open, but the conditions are still much more reminiscent of winter than late spring.  Tioga, Ellery, and Tenaya Lake were still ice covered, and snow coverage was close to 100% above 8000 ft. or so.  The snow at Tioga Pass was 2-3 ft. deep.  What parts of the meadow were not flooded by the Tuolumne Meadow were covered by snow.

My guesstimate would be a July 1-ish open date for the Tuolumne facilities (store, post office, grill, lodge, etc.), although warm weather is forecast for the next week or so, so things could melt quickly.