[pct-l] packs stolen at firing range on Sheep Creek Detour

Caroline parablesfromthe_electrichorseman at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 4 22:47:15 CDT 2010

G'day to all,
                 I'm Vader (Caroline)  so the second one who had my pack stolen on the Sheep Fire detour. Firstly thank you.Thank You thank you thank you. I can't believe how good everyone has been to me to keep me going on the trail. I didn't want to give up now but when this happened I honestly didn't know how I was going to keep going.

The theft was reported to the police as soon as we got down the hill and got reception. I was incredibly lucky to be taken down by the guys who worked at the firing line (not the owners, but the guys who worked there) so was able to do so reasonably quickly. They didn't seem to know about another hikers pack going missing but I have to ring them again in the next day so will definitely be letting them know about the second pack. If it's a local maybe they will catch them.
I just wish I'd known I was in a bad area or wasn't in such a hurry to answer natures call and get a damn drink. Stupid.

At this stage I'm trying to figure out what I still need vs what I have and what I lost. It's still really overwhelming. Yesterday was a bad day, everything was making me cry but today I feel a lot more positive, just a little sick in the stomach (which may be from lack of sleep and stress) and the help I've been offered on this forum and from fellow hikers has definitely left me in a more positive frame of mind. I can't believe how good people still are out here :D

I will be in touch with people as I can over the next day or so, esp as I figure out what I do and don't need anymore. But please accept my thanks, There are no words I can say to express how much it means to me.

Vader