[pct-l] MTR vs. Bishop resupply

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 20:59:39 CDT 2010

2010/7/27 Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com <diane at santabarbarahikes.com>:

Thanks Diana

> Yoshihiro,
> Can you bring that batch of food with you to the states and purchase
> a bucket on arrival? Or maybe you are already on the trail? They do
> have japanese grocery stores in the US, too, just not close to the
> trail.

Now, I am doing my last job. I must fix one problem today. Flight is Aug.29.

My wife have a job and very busy person.  So we cannot stay at San
Francisco for a half day.  It seems very time-consuming task for me to
search a bucket and foods. So, I will carry all the foods in my
backpack from Japan ( except beef jerky and couscous ). Because I
usually bake breads and bring it to the wilderness, and eat many dry
vegetables. I will buy only  these exceptions at San Francisco.

It is not a big problem for me to carry 14 days foods. When I get more
older and weaker, I will select another strategy. But, it is too
early. And, it is an enjoyment for me to walk for 10 or more days
without no supplies. There are a few long trails in Japan.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami )