[pct-l] backpacker butt

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Mon Jul 26 15:41:46 CDT 2010

I would occasionally get that problem on my thru-hike, and it still happened after I had reached Oregon months latter so getting use to the friction never worked for me.  Usually, the problem was not keeping the offending area clean.  If I used Soap and Water or a wet wipe on a daily basis, I didn't have issues.  If I failed to do so consistantly, the sweat, salt deposits, etc. would start to cause chaffing there after 2 or 3 days.  If I starting keeping it clean again, the problem shortly went away.

-Miner