[pct-l] Sierra in September

Steve Cosner stevec at sfsu.edu
Tue Jul 20 13:01:08 CDT 2010

Just be aware... Every few years, an early October storm can pass
through and dump more than a foot of snow.  If your hike extends into
October, I'd be very wary of the weather, and if the forecast is for any
significant storm activity, get the heck out over a pass before it hits.

Maybe start the hike in TM and head south, getting the high sierra part
done earlier.

I recall one such storm several years ago, and it caught a number of
hikers, and the SAR people were busy.