[pct-l] Sierra in September

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Tue Jul 20 12:58:07 CDT 2010

After Labor Day in September is my favorite time to hike in the Sierra.  The crowds are gone from the popular places like Yosemite as are the mosquitos.  The water fords are low. The nights can be cold but the weather is generally nice; though I did get a few inches of snow on Sept 19 once (not common).  You also get to see the Aspens changing colors.  October is the big unknown as the weather is more unstable and it depends on the year.  Early October is probably fine though having some snow in October is pretty common so just be prepared for some and the cold temps it brings.   You should have an excellent trip.

-Miner