[pct-l] Safe parking in Mammoth Lakes?

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 5 22:14:33 CDT 2010

Six2

I left my car near the ski resort last year for a week and then again for another week, further down the approach road.  I experienced no damage human or bruin upon my return.

Another option you might consider is to leave your car lake-side and access the PCT via the Mammoth Pass Junction in Upper Crater Meadow.  This will start you off going down hill and save you the $7 shuttle fee.  I spoke with the Rangers last summer and they said that there was no problem with leaving a car there.  As to the bears, you want to be sure that there is nothing left in the car that has an order, perhaps a good cleaning before hand.

Shepherd