[pct-l] Snow Conditions in Section "P"

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Fri Jul 2 10:25:11 CDT 2010

> ...trail between Castle Crags and Etna recently?
> ...current conditions in section P?

Hola, amigo!

Check Deems' pct-l post (6/25/10) regarding section Q -
<http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/2010-June/039409.html>...
"By mid-July, the Marbles PCT will be very tame and melted."
Should be 'similar' for the higher elevations of section P, also...

Latest I've heard from other locals is snow is melting off fairly fast now
with the nearer to normal temperatures; even if there are some areas of snow
still left mid-July, you should be 'good to go' with your past experiences!

Take care.  Have fun & enjoy the trek!
(I'll be in the Etna/Yreka area July 26 to August 3...  Let me know if you
decide to continue on through section Q (!) - I can help with a shuttle...)

Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)

Support the Pacific Crest Trail Association and its mission:
Protect, preserve, and promote the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail...
Join, renew, or donate today: <http://www.pcta.org/>

"You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing
there will be no result." - Mahatma Gandhi