[pct-l] Water Cooled Cat Can Stove

Jim Bravo jimbravo at wildblue.net
Sun Jan 31 19:01:50 CST 2010

I was building an Esbit/alcohol cat food can stove this morning when I saw
this design. I put it together and ran it a few times using Heet, and
without any water around the can. The surface area of the tea candle can is
so small that it doesn't get very hot - it does not come close to boiling
water. But, what a great idea for someone who wants to simmer something. You
know, someone who knows how to cook. Just carry a tea candle can and insert
it into the base of your other stove (if it fits) for simmering mode. Almost
no additional weight. Note that to hold the small can in place I inserted a
flat piece of aluminum shaped like a large washer. The small can sat in the
hole.

Jim