[pct-l] Sock it to me

Jim Keener ( J J ) pct2010 at ridgetrailhiker.com
Sun Jan 31 09:45:35 CST 2010

Greetings,

I have a variety of socks in my drawer. Thick ones, thin ones. I am searching for the ideal hiker's socks. To me that means:
thin: dries more quickly
long lasting: conflicts with "thin"
preferably white: visually means "cooler" to me

I have worn the socks with individual toes. They're great, except I got holes very quickly. I have worn the two layer socks (Wright, I think). They took forever and a day to dry. My favorite sock for local hikes is the Thorlo Hiker. But they are too thick and warm for the PCT.

I am testing a pair of Pagatonia long black socks. Very thin. So far no holes.

So. After all that, what I am looking for is a pair of thin socks that will last 500 miles or so.

Walk well,
Jim Keener ( J J )

jj at ridgetrailhiker.com
http://ridgetrailhiker.com