[pct-l] Exped Wallcreeper

Steve McAllister brooklynkayak at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 14:21:04 CST 2010

Hey Paul,

Mine is two or three years old and is the long 20 degree version.
You invert it when you use it as a 2 person quilt, What would normally
be the foot of the bag lays out flat when unzipped and is approx. 62"
wide.

The top of the bag stays in a sort of mummy shape and from the end of
the shoulder to the other shoulder is 33".

When inverted, the mummy shape sort of wraps around the feet like the
common backpacker  two person quilts. It works out to be quite roomy
for two average size people, maybe a little too roomy in the foot
area.
There is plenty of leg room and the shape helps reduce drafts coming
in around the feet and legs like you would get with a flat quilt.
Adding straps to wrap it around the sleeping pads would really make it
air tight.

The draft coming in from the top between the two people made it so we
were little cold when temperatures dropped.

If it had the added tongue, it would probably make it much warmer,
down to well below freezing. I had even thought about adding a
strap/velcro thingy to hold down the the top center to reduce the
draft around the neck, but the tongue is probably a better idea.

stevie

--
If you look good and dress well, you don't need a purpose in life.
                -- Robert Pante, fashion consultant