[pct-l] bad weather

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Tue Jan 26 22:05:54 CST 2010

Concerning whether it is better to be solo or with company in the cold and
snow, we need look no further than nature: animals "yard up".

I just have to respond to this one.  I hike with intact male llamas, who
normally despise each other.  They establish a strict pecking order and
they spit on each other very readily.  One day we were hiking over
Forester Pass when the weather deteriorated rapidly and it started to
hail.  We pulled out a big tarp, pulled all the llamas' heads together
and threw the tarp over all of us and the llamas. This kept us, them,
and all of our gear on their backs, dry. We all stood there with our
heads together under the center of the tarp until the storm abated.  Not
one llama spit on anyone in all that time.  Truly amazing.
Marion