[pct-l] Pct-l Digest, Vol 25, Issue 110

at1996 at aol.com at1996 at aol.com
Tue Jan 26 04:43:29 CST 2010

I campedith John Donovan the night before he was lost.  There were four of us camped that night.  The next morning the Khaki Krew (coming south) told me a storm was coming through. The Khaki Krew told me to forget the PCT and head across the Taquitz Valley toward the gap and that's what I did. Since I was down in Idylwild by nightfall the next day I didn't know the snow really came.  But when I got through to the trail down to town, I didn't realize I was at the trail, there was so much snow.  It would have been easy for me just to go on, except I met a would be day hiker who decided he wasn't going to be able to hike so he turned around.