[pct-l] Good News & Bad News

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Mon Jan 18 20:50:50 CST 2010

Hi gang,

My top secret source has informed me that the  "BIG ONE"  that we have
been waiting for has arrived
and will dump as much as 5-10 ft. of snow on the Sierra over the next
several days.
That is  "Good  News"  for  ski bums like me, but  "Bad News" for hiker
trash like you!!!
Well, got to go now, it's time to wax my skis.
You may not hear from me for a long time, or you perhaps may never hear
from me again.
I know, I know, that is  "Good News"  to our more serious list members,
but  "Bad News"  to my army
of  female admirers.

I  NEED  TO  GET  A  BIGGER  TENT!!!
The bigger the better.....the more room for more of us.

So, if you never hear from me again, I either got lost and perished in
the snow, or I'm holed up in my big tent  on
the JMT somewhere.
Hope to see you all on the trail someday.

JMT Reinhold