[pct-l] Kelty frame packs, weather, snow

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Jan 19 08:37:34 CST 2010

I'll never go back to frame packs. I prefer to carry a light load and
be able to walk upright and naturally without a back brace on.

It's still raining here in Santa Barbara, 60 miles west of Hikertown.
I had to take off my shoes and socks and roll up my pants to cross
the street yesterday. The good news is that this rain is substantial
enough that water supplies are being replenished.

I'm sure the mountains will get lots of snow thanks to this series of
storms coming up. There will be lots of fun to be had around San
Jacinto and Baden Powell. But like any year, the snow will melt, so
don't get too hyped up by this list about the snow. There will be
snow like usual. Annoying, wet, possibly scary, but nothing to lose
sleep over.