[pct-l] Ressuply from Sonora Pass

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Jan 19 08:32:41 CST 2010

I accidentally went to KM last year because I got lost at Emmigrant
Pass and ended up going down the valley to Kennedy Meadows. There is
a nice store there with lots of food and a restaurant, plus nice
cabins and campgrounds. The place was hopping. I think that unless
you are very picky about your food, you could just buy your food in
either location.

I was able to hitchhike from KM store to Bridgeport. I had some
difficulty getting a ride from the highway there. There was a lot of
traffic, but most of it seemed to be turning into KM. I think it took
about 1/2 hour or so to get a ride toward the pass. I had to get
another ride at the top of the pass because my first ride wasn't
going all the way. Getting that second ride required me to walk down
the highway to a safer location and then it took another 1/2 hour or so.

Diane