[pct-l] Fw: Trekking poles?

Steve McAllister brooklynkayak at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 17:29:30 CST 2010

I am a gimp and have to use trekking poles.
Some people carry on their packs on the flats and use em for the ups,
downs and river crossings, as well as tent poles.

If you should sprain your ankle, develop any of the many tendon pains,
blisters, ... the poles become very important. With practice, you can
almost walk one legged, using the poles to reduce the weight on the
problem leg.