[pct-l] Hiking Poles

Don Amundson amrowinc at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 14 12:02:40 CST 2010

I had never used hiking poles before my return to the backpacking scene last year.  Now I can't imagine hiking without them.  Used properly they can take some of the stress off of the knees/back.  Being "older" I really appreciated the poles for balance doing stream crossings and precarious trail sections. Like any equipment you should buy or borrow a pair and try them out to determine if they fit your hiking style.