[pct-l] Trail Maps and Data Books - Which combos are enough?

hans at netupgrades.com hans at netupgrades.com
Wed Jan 13 15:27:22 CST 2010

Hi and thanks for this helpful list.

I'm putting together my maps and data books for a
2010 Southbound hike.

It seems that most people carry the Schaffer
SoCal, NoCal, and OR/WA maps along with the
"Gentle Ben" Data Book, along with perhaps Yogi's
Town Tips and Trail Guide.

I have recently found Blackwoods Press PCT Atlas
[1] and from the sample chapter given away on the
site, it looks very impressive, if not
comprehensive. I am now leaning towards taking
the Blackwoods PCT Atlas along with Yogi's Town
Tips book.

Can anyone give advice or opinions on which set
or even another seems best at this time?

Thanks very much! :D

[1]
http://www.blackwoodspress.com/pct/atlas/