[pct-l] Pct-Books

bighummel at aol.com bighummel at aol.com
Tue Jan 12 21:16:01 CST 2010

My personal collection includes (in no apparent order);

Ann & Myron Sutton's "The Pacific Crest Trail Escape to the Wilderness"
Hawk Greenway's "The Trail North"
David Green's "A Pacific Crest Odyssey"
Karl Ellingson's "2500 - Mile Walk"
Joseph Hazard's "Pacific Crest Trails" (includes a passage of the first concept of the PCT by Catherin Montgomery in 1926)
Ray Echol's "A Thru-Hiker's Heart"
Barbara Egbert's "Zero Days"
Cindy Ross' "Journey on the Crest"
Clinton C Clarke's "The Pacific Crest Trailway" (only now do I realize that I have only a 1945 version!!)
William Gray's "The Pacific Crest Trail" National Geographic
Hal Margolis' "Trekking Along: The Pacific Crest Trail Through Southern California"
Thomas Winnett's "the Pacific Crest Trail Volume 1: California" First Edition Guidebook
Jeff Schaffer's "the Pacific Crest Trail Volume 2: Oregon & Washington" First Edition Guidebook

Have fun with trying to collect all of these materials.  Many of us have spent 30+ years doing so.

Greg Hummel

" Travel light, carry little, keep it simple."