[pct-l] Sierra Snowpack prediction

ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Tue Jan 12 13:14:17 CST 2010

OK. Let's talk a moment about realistic preparation.

Don't count out "Mother Nature," meaning, while man tries to ensure his
safety and security by scientific calculation and averaging statistics over
time to, in some small way create a prediction of what will happen or occur
in the future, man is not in control and storms can and do happen every
month of the year. So, hope for the best while preparing for the worst. Just
because it usually doesn't happen, doesn't mean that it won't while you're
there, because it has in the past, so beware and carry the appropriate gear
and have the right training and prior experience practicing it to know what
to do when it snow like hell, the temp drops to zero with winds at 20mph, or
it just rains for a week straight (think Oregon...).

With this in mind, you have no excuse to whine when you suddenly find
yourself in greater discomfort than you expected....

Mtnned
Mountain Education
South Lake Tahoe, Ca