[pct-l] Backpacking with a bunion info

Kathryn Zimmerman thebaglady07 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 18:54:39 CST 2010

Mary,
I'm an older woman who thru-hiked the AT a couple of years ago...and my feet
hurt every day!  Both from bunions that were growing but also from plantar
fasciitis.  But I did manage to address the bunions and that was by not
lacing the first 3 holes of my trail runners - out towards the toes.  It
allowed the shoe to stretch more and stop rubbing....ahhh!  happiness!
Learned this trick from runner.

Good luck.

Bag Lady AT '07

--