[pct-l] Backpacking with a bunion info

Alexandra Larsen aalarsen at uwalumni.com
Fri Jan 8 00:12:52 CST 2010

I've been blessed with bunions on both feet pretty much my whole life-they
can be inherited as well as develop over time-I've had one repaired already
and I'm only 24. I never really felt much improvement after the surgery, and
they do come back, although its usually over a long period of time, so
surgery might be worth it. According to my podiatrist, other than orthotics
and surgery, there really isn't much you can do about them. I run, backpack,
xc ski, and am pretty active over all despite the bunion pain. It definitely
bothers me but not enough to stop doing what I want. So I guess what I'm
saying is 'keep on truckin' since you've already got the orthotics and
aren't into the surgery option. Ibuprofen might help too.

Happy Trails!

Alexandra