[pct-l] recharging devices

Tom Holz (Bigfoot) tom-pct at spacing-guild.net
Wed Jan 6 07:25:27 CST 2010

Thanks for the solio suggestion.  Any idea how those devices compare
with roll-out panels like the 12W Sunliq from globalsolar.com?

I really want to go solar to avoid a recharge of 2 or 3 camera batteries
at every town stop, because that requires a lot of time with access to
an electrical outlet, but it looks like a solar setup will cost 9+ oz
with the adapter and charger.

I'm slowly getting used to the idea that my camera gear (Panasonic
DMC-GF1) will be the single heaviest part of my pack (maybe 2-3 lb) and
significantly complicate my logistics, e.g. working with raw files and
non-standard batteries.

Tom (Bigfoot)