[pct-l] electronic maps.

canoeman at qnet.com canoeman at qnet.com
Tue Jan 5 13:28:13 CST 2010

there is a topo series available for the black berry phones like the curve or
thee bold. It's called topo explorer.
It basically turns your blackberry into a topo map  gps device.
pair this with the  DEFENDER otter box case for the black berry and you have
combined multiple devices into one

a camera,  3.5 mega pixels

a gps device

and a phone, email, text device.

a web surfing  mini  computer

and an iPod type music device, all in the blackberry.

that should lighten the load.

I'm waiting for the topo software in the mail this week.
I will post results of test and review it.

The software is free but the maps are $29.00 a state, they have all 50 states.
they are the usgs 1:2400 topos
All of California takes up 17 gb, 1 gb over  the now available chip size, but
you can choose which maps to load. I read that the new 64gb and 32gb micro SD
cards will be available before kick off, sometime in Februrary.
Toshiba just announced they have created a 1 Terrabyte micro SD
SD card, that should be interesting.
CANOEMAN