[pct-l] Evernew Titanium Stove System

Sean Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Fri Jan 1 22:20:27 CST 2010

>Did you see the price tag on that thing?!  The funny thing is,
>aluminum is substantially lighter than titanium, and an order of
>magnitude cheaper.

While that is true, titanium is stronger and less of it can be used for the same strength which
is why most titanium pots end up lighter then the equivalent size alumnium ones.  Some don't
think the weight savings is worth all that extra money as many have been fine with a
Walmart greese pot.  But for those of us living on the edge of titanium pot technology for the last
few years, carrying any pot that weighs more then 2 or 3 oz is a burden that we can no longer bear.

It certainly isn't the first thing one should look at when trying to lighten up their pack.
But for those of us who have been backpacking for years and have long ago lightened up
our big 3 as much as possible, things like that catch our eye as we have become obsessed
with ounce cutting to the point of spending big $$$ to cut just a few ounces.  At least the
satisfaction lasts longer then financially supporting a cigarette or starbucks habit.

I personally like the looks of Mountain Laurel Designs titanium pot and stove system
better then that Evernew one.  Maybe I should sell off some of my older titanium pots/mugs
at the silent auction at this years ADZPCTKO so I can justify buying yet another one.

-Sean "Miner" Nordeen