[pct-l] Early Flip Flop Weather

evanaaron at juno.com evanaaron at juno.com
Sat Feb 27 20:45:25 CST 2010

Hey there-
I am planning on starting April 1 from Campo becaus I need to finish by mid August for school. Considering I will probably get to KM by May 1, I want to have a plan in case I do not feel comfortable heading into the Sierras so early for lack of resupply options or possibly lack of a bailout with road closures, and of course I dont want to sit around there till June. I want to do the PCT straight through, however I will flip flop if necessary. Does anyone know what weather conditions I would be able to expect by flipping from KM up to Vancouver and hiking south? What is Washington usually like in May/June and Oregon in June/July? Would I need to adjust my game plan? Clothing, shelter, everything considered. Trying to cover all my bases. Thanks!
Evan