[pct-l] Pct-l Digest, gluten-free hike

Bruce Randall bruce.a.randall at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 16:21:46 CST 2010

Abigal,

Barley is NOT GLUTEN FREE!

I am a Celiac also and planning a 600 mi PCT SOBO trip. Here are some of my
plans:

Breakfast: http://www.bobsredmill.com/gf-might-tasty-hot-cereal.html
1/4 cup, 8oz powdered milk, Truvia, almonds,  Craisins blueberries.

Snacks/Lunch: Larabar and home made Gorp (Almonds, Cashews, sun flower
seeds, Dried Fruit, Peanut Butter M&Ms)

Lunch/Supper
Mostly my own dehydrated meals but I will be mixing in Freeze Dried for
variety.

After a resupply I will probably get Summer Sausage/Cheeze and GF crackers
(partial to Blue Diamond Almond Crackers). I have found the GF crackers keep
much better than regular crackers which end up crumbs. I am going to try a
Crystal light container to haul them in.

http://storehousefoods.com/storable-gluten-free-food
Just Google "gluten free freeze dried"

This has also helped me immensely when eating out or not sure about cross
contamination: http://vrp.com  Lectin Lock

Bruce