[pct-l] gluten-free hike

Abigail Wilson abiwlsn at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 08:22:11 CST 2010

Hello all!
I have a peculiar dilemma.  Recently diagnosed with Celiac's disease, I can
no longer eat anything with wheat - crackers, pasta, tortillas, a lot of
granola bars...  I'm hoping someone out there has experience with this and
can help me figure out how to substitute these parts of my diet.
I have discovered and fallen in love with quinoa already, but am so used to
the crackers/cheese/sausage or tortilla/PB & J style lunch that I'm having a
hard time.  Rice crackers are an option, but are expensive and you've got to
eat about 20 to get the same effect as 5 or 6 normal crackers.
Any tips?
Thanks a bunch!
Abi