[pct-l] Favorite Trail Shakes

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 13:37:50 CST 2010

I can tell you about my least favorite trail shake.

I was in the Serrias heading NOBO.  I usually get up, pack up, and start
hiking, then eat breakfast after a bit of walking and I've warmed up.
Anyway, I took my baggie of granola and dumped in some Nido and added water
and stirred.  I starting doing something else for a minute and so and when I
got back to my granola I noticed the milk had congealed into a gloppy mess.
A quick smell informed me that instead of Nido I had poured lemon pudding
into my granola.  My first thoughts were "Wow maybe I've just invented a
great new hiker breakfast".  After the first bite - those thoughts quickly
vanished!  Yuck!  I was able to choke it down but it wasn't easy, even for a
starving thru hiker.

The real funny thing is, about two days later I did the same thing again.  I
chalked it up to being early morning and reusing ziplock bags.  After again
forcing that breakfast down I decided to make up my breakfasts in the
evening when I make dinner.

Day-Late - the ignoble inventor of the lemon pudding granola shake