[pct-l] Favorite Trail Shakes

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Feb 20 12:23:19 CST 2010

On Feb 20, 2010, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:
> What was youre Favorite trail drink?

Well, first of all, I liked pudding as just regular pudding, not as a
drink. Butterscotch was my favorite, then banana and lemon were
second favorites.

I drank Muscle Milk a couple of times. I liked vanilla and
strawberry. I added Emergence-C to vanilla once and it wasn't half
bad. Since I didn't have a wide-mouth bottle to drink from most of
the time, I had a hard time getting the powder into a bottle so I
didn't drink much of it.

My favorite trail drink of all was Crystal Light hydration lemonade
with one or two Emergence-C packets added, either tangerine flavor or
raspberry. Raspberry Crystal Light with tangerine Emergence-C was
pretty good, too.

I liked diet drinks better than sugary ones. If I needed calories,
I'd just eat some cookies with my drink.

I also found that by quitting caffeine before hitting the trail,
those few times I did have caffeine, it really lit a fire under me.
I'd carry some chocolate espresso beans or something like that for
those days when I really wanted a boost. Really worked.