[pct-l] Snow tools

Jim Bravo jimbravo at wildblue.net
Fri Feb 19 23:09:55 CST 2010

I took the Mountain Education snow clinic today at Echo Summit. My observations: (1) It was easy. For some reason I thought it might be challenging or difficult- it wasn't. (2) It was fun. You get to slide downhill in the snow. There were times when I felt like a kid again. (3) It was educational without harming or over-filling my brain. (4) It may save me from serious injury or death, although on a positive note my wife would get a lot of insurance money if I croak. (5) It was free.

If you're hiking the PCT this year, or in the future, I highly recommend making every effort to get some training.

Jim
(Stray Wolf)

"Go quietly, go alone. No harm will befall you." John Muir