[pct-l] Poison oak

Susan Alcorn backpack45 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 18 19:40:44 CST 2010

Maybe others would disagree, but I wouldn't say there's a "lot" of poison oak on the PCT. Indeed there is some in various places, but I never found it to be a problem (and I am susceptible). Key to prevention (besides dodging it when possible) is getting it off of yourself and clothes quickly. When we didn't have soap and water available, I used a "high-tech" remedy suggested by Ralph -- I rubbed dirt on the area where I thought I had brushed against it. Maybe it's just luck, but I've never gotten poison oak on the PCT.
Cheers,Susan "Backpack45" Alcorn