[pct-l] RE Foot Swelling

Gary Wright at2002 at mac.com
Tue Feb 16 17:50:13 CST 2010

On Feb 16, 2010, at 6:42 PM, Matthew Edwards wrote:

> I forgot to mention a temporary fix for swollen footed/too small a shoetitis. Last year when Bob Dole's feet got too big for her Mizunos she just sliced a hole in the side of the shoe so her pinkie toe would stick out.

I had a pair of Vasque Velocities that were great for a few weeks and then started giving me a blister on my small toe. After too many days, I realized that I was simply tying the shoes to tightly by my toes.  By simply adjusting the way I tied the shoe, the problem went away.

Most of us probably have a very specific way that we have taught ourselves to tie our shoes that may not actually work when you are walking 20, 25, or 30+ miles per day. As with many issues on a long-distance hike it is good to keep an open mind and be creative when solving foot problems.

Radar