[pct-l] trail clothing

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 16 16:39:12 CST 2010

re: Scrubs

I wrote a scrub shirt back when I did east coast hiking. I do not see why the light poly-cotton blend (breathable, dries quickly)
wouldn't work for long pants.  A pair of used Dickies or similar poly-cotton pants may work too on a budget (or military surplus BDUs)

I know the saying of "cotton kills"..but it really kills when it is cold and wet.  If you wear the poly-cotton blend clothing only when
it is warm and dry (and have the appropriate rain gear and synthetics/wool to change into when it is cold and wet) you should be fine.

FWIW, I rarely wear long pants while hiking (unless it is winter)

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/
http://www.facebook.com/pmags