[pct-l] section D trail snow

canoeman at qnet.com canoeman at qnet.com
Sat Feb 13 17:59:12 CST 2010

I was up on Blueridge and partway up  baden powel today, 3 feet on trail at
bottom, 4' to 5' at top of blue ridge. I met a group of older snow  hikers(60's
70's) hiking down from blue ridge, gotta love those older super hikers. they
were geared out and very fit.

Baden Powel has 3' at trail head, at Vincents gap, 6' at least on top.

Removed old water cache I set this fall, it was under 3.5 feet of snow on
southbound side of road at baden powel.

All I can say is .
Snow course, Snow course, Snow course.

The snow was gorgeous.
Except for the hundreds of cars, at the parking lots, full of Los Angeles snow
play folks with full size gas barbecues, tables and blaring mariachi music, and
shoveling snow on top of and into the beds of their trucks for the drive home,
it was a nice day