[pct-l] trail clothing

Erik The Black erik at eriktheblack.com
Sat Feb 13 14:43:36 CST 2010

Here is my PCT clothing system.

I didn't want to be doing a lot of maildrops our bounce boxes this year so
I've tried to come up with a system that will work well for the entire trip
from the desert to the Sierra to the Pacific northwest...

-----------------------------------
Hiking clothes:
-----------------------------------

Top: 			Smartwool Microweight T-shirt
Bottom:		Northface Flight Series running shorts
Underwear:		Underarmour Boxer Jock long
Socks: 		Qtr height running socks (haven't decided which brand yet)
Hat:			Sunday Afternoons Sun Tripper
Glasses: 		Sporteyz (thanks to Bee Man for this great
suggestion)
Bandana:		Bandana
Shoes: 		Merrel Moab Ventilators
Insoles:		Montrail Enduro Soles

-----------------------------------
Base layer/sleeping clothes:
-----------------------------------

Thermal top: 	Smartwool midweight (8 oz)
Thermal bottom:	Terramar thermasilk (3.4 oz)
Knit cap:		Mtn Hardware Microdome (1.5 oz)
Sleeping socks:	Cabellas Polartech (2 oz)

-----------------------------------
Cold/Rainy weather clothes:
-----------------------------------

Rain shell:		Sierra Designs Isotope (5.5oz)
Jacket:		Montbell UL Vest (5 oz)
Gloves:		Mtn. Hardware Polartech (2 oz)
Pants:		Montbell Stretch Windpants (4.8 oz)

That's about it. Not including the clothing I plan to wear all the time the
weight of my packed clothing is about 2 lbs.

Happy trails,
Erik the Black

Pacific Crest Trail Atlas 2nd Edition (in-stock & shipping now)
http://www.blackwoodspress.com/pct/atlas/
My new backpacking blog:
http://www.blackwoodspress.com/blog/