[pct-l] hiking boots

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 12 18:32:21 CST 2010

Ryan wrote:

I am trying to find lightweight mid hiking boots for my
upcoming John Muir Trail trip this summer. Something with ankle
support and rugged enough to make it the distance.

Footwear is hard to choose based on other people's recommendations because
what works for one person's feet may be horrible for another's.

However, I'm one of the long-distance-hiking minority that uses boots (need
the ankle support) and I get along really well with the Lowa "Renegade GTX
Mid".  They give me the support I need but they're flexible and pretty
lightweight as far as mid-height leather boots go.  As a bonus, my feet stay
perfectly clean which I think helps reduce blisters.  I've never worn them
for long distances in the desert, though, so I don't know about that.

Eric