[pct-l] hiking boots

ryan clark ryanoxie at mac.com
Fri Feb 12 16:33:39 CST 2010

Now from what Ive read it seems that the majority of you long
distance hikers are trail runner wearing types.. Maybe I havnt
graduated to them yet (Ive never been out for more than a couple of
days) and will see the light once I get out for some longer mile days
and longer trips but Im not "mentally" ready to do a long trip in
them and I am trying to find lightweight mid hiking boots for my
upcoming John Muir Trail trip this summer. Something with ankle
support and rugged enough to make it the distance.  New boots have
been the biggest challenge of my gear gathering. Any tips and advice
would be very greatly appreciated.