[pct-l] caching

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Fri Feb 12 11:24:11 CST 2010

When scouting out resupply opportunities on the ICT we stopped at a FS
Ranger Office in Elk City, ID. We asked the ranger which would be a better
way to cache our food - hanging or burying. He said, in no uncertain terms,
"We would be ticketed if we left food unattended in the forest". Marcia
asked, "How much was the ticket?". :O  We spent the next half hour or so
trying to placate an upset ranger so we could get trail information from
him.

Needless to say we didn't leave any food unattended (Cached) anywhere on the
ICT.

Ken
www gottawalk com