[pct-l] MREs?

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 17:40:07 CST 2010

I do the same sometimes and like the variety.  I have just started seeing
Freeze Dried Spices showing up at the local stores here.  While I haven't
tried them yet I wish they had been around last year as I am sure I would
have packed a bunch of them to help liven up meals.

My favorite was just to add mixed dried veggies to just about anything
(bought at the bulk section at home).  Sometime extra spices would liven
things up too.

Another favorite was to take some bisquick with powdered milk (Nido) and add
that to a soup/Stew (like Bear Creek or Mrs Grass)  - Nothing like hot
dumplings to fill that hike hunger.  Mix with water in a ziplock and squeeze
into the soup/stew after it boils.  Cook longer or let it rest in a cozzy.
Very satisfying.

Day-Late

I like to pack a lot of bulk stuff for my meals.  Cereal mixes, dried milk,