[pct-l] Ice Traction on the cheap

Jim Keener ( J J ) pct2010 at ridgetrailhiker.com
Sun Feb 7 15:57:55 CST 2010

Dear Diane,

I agree with most of what you say. But. And this is possibly because I am somewhat clumsy. I was wearing Keen sandals in 2004 and fell off San Jacinto. I stepped down about 18" coming off a snowdrift and my downhill foot flew up, and I headed down the mountain head first on my back. I caught a sapling with my right leg, dug a small ledge with my other leg (the left?), and got into crawling position to make it back to the trail. I made it.

Jim Keener ( J J )

jj at ridgetrailhiker.com
http://ridgetrailhiker.com
http://olderhealthier.com