[pct-l] Whitney Permit

Kathryn Zimmerman thebaglady07 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 16:59:46 CST 2010

 The PCTA says "The U.S. Forest Service has implemented a $15 reservation
fee to climb Mt. Whitney, exit and re-enter the Whitney Portal on the east
side."  But it doesn't say if you're coming from the PCT do you have to pay
the fee or not.  I figured from everything I read that NO we do not need to
get this $15 permit.

I wish both the Thru Permit form and the website were clearer about this.
But thanks to your note, Jim, I opened my envelope and removed the $15.
>From what I can determine we are summit from the west not the east and do
not need this permit as we never enter the Mt. Whitney Zone.

Bag Lady

--
- Kathryn